When you choose a drug treatment treatment. You need to make sure that it will achieve this. It will restore his ability. It will get the person to function well in life without substitute. Addiction is a way to get rid of a physical or emotional pain. As an example, if someone is shy. He takes a beer and then start to talk. Every time that he will need to communicate that’s the via he will use to being able to function socially. This is a classic example of how an addiction will start. Instead of getting the person to “live with his problem”. You need to help the person to improve his ability. Drugs and are a consequence of an inability to deal with life.
Drug treatment centers over the years have derived from real meaning of rehabilitating someone. Different methods of recovery started and they lost the real meaning of what rehabilitation is. You need to make sure that the rehabilitation treatment address the real problem and bring the person on top of it. Then the addict will get his life back.
TYPE OF REHABS
The Twelve Step tradition is a time tested method of recovery from various obsessive-compulsive behaviors which the affected individuals believe have made their lives unmanageable. These simple tools for living have been used by millions of people to successfully change their lives and recover from negative and even life threatening behaviors. They are based on a set of Spiritual (not religious) principles originally created by Alcoholics Anonymous in the United States in 1935. Anonymity as a Spiritual principle is the underpinning of the Twelve-Step way of life. Sharing and supporting in groups with like-minded individuals and ongoing fellowship is a major ingredient in the success of the program.
Here are the steps:
We admitted we were powerless over alcohol — that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The twelve steps address different "problems" such as alcohol abuse, drug abuse, overeating abuse, gambling etc.
Long term religious based program
The idea is to get the person out of his environment and to get him into a hard work camp with a religious concept and get the person back in contact with god. It has a moderate success due to the fact that they have a small percentage of completion of the program.
Behavioral modification :
Those program is based on trying to break the person up. To break is character trough peer pressure and it relies on telling the person that they are bad and degrading as an individual. The concept is to break the spirit into something that can be rebuilt. Sometimes it works as a small percentage will rebuild into a harmless person.
This treatment addresses the biophysical and biochemical imbalances with a unique sauna program that eliminates toxins from the body, to eliminate cravings. Followed by a social educational program to teach new life skills that will develop a person to be able to tackle life’s many hardships and come out on top. The skills include learning to communicate properly and practicing this skill then learning about personalities and the traits of each one as well as being able to associate with good people. A large component is the ability to live life based on ones personal views but within the morals of society.
This culminates with the person applying these skills to repair the damage of the things that are holding them back in life now. The things that quite often are form earlier in life that need to be repaired now so you can be free to live a happy and drug free productive life.
The final stage is made specifically for the individual and it is made after the case supervisor has been able to see what that individual needs to work on specifically to ensure their success.
This method is the most successful. It brings the person to be a happy, productive, drug free member of society.
Drug Rehab Center Services has access to a database of hundreds of Drug Rehab Centers.
Our team of Certified Chemical Dependency Counselors understand addiction and we know what’s available in rehabs across North America. We will help you navigate through the maze of rehabs and find you the one that best suits your circumstances.
CALL US now at 1-877-744-3536
Let us help you on your path to a drug free life.